Saturday, February 3, 2007

Oh No He Di-int!

The other day, I almost made history. No, I didn't learn to use the pottie. Instead, I almost went the whole day at work without using the internet. People always accuse government employees being lazy and appathetic. You don't know how mad I get when I hear those kinds of accusations. But I'm not going to waste my time refuting them now because well... I'm feeling lazy and appathetic. But if my boss can have an affair with his campaign manager's crackhead wife, why can't I spend a few minutes looking at NBA boxscores?

It seems like everybody is talking about the big Gavin Newsom thing. Everyone but me... everyone but me except now. I read about his public apology but it's really hard for me to buy. I mean I can't even buy myself a decent pair of black socks for crying out loud! But the thing that makes it hard is that he was forced to make the apology. If he really wanted to make things right, he should have admitted it earlier when nobody was expecting it. Was he trying to hide? Yeah, right. He had to have known that his secrets were harder to hide than Rosie O'Donnell's second and third chins. If he didn't know that, then the people of San Francisco are crazier than I thought for choosing him to mayor.

But ultimately, I'm accepting his apology and giving him the benefit of the doubt. Sure, I hate many of the things he stands for and sometimes I'd rather see a monkey running the City but sometimes, people just need a second chance... even if it's their third or fourth second chance. And I'm not just saying this because I work for the guy... or then again, maybe I am.