Saturday, February 24, 2007

Chapter 2 - The Second Part

If you didn't read my last post, then you missed the first chapter of my epic trilogy. And in doing so, you dodged a bullet... a bullet that couldn't even penetrate a saturated square of one-ply toilet paper. What does that mean? I don't know. All I know is that using one-ply toilet paper will turn your hands brown and scented in a hurry. Well, brown if you are on a healthy diet. But back to my trilogy, I just want to note... there will be no part three. This is just a two-chapter trilogy. And so with that, our journey continues...

So after I got home from Slow Club, I went online for like the fourth time in two or three years. I got on AIM and chatted with a friend that I keep in touch with on and off (mostly off). I probably haven't seen her since I was in high school so you know this is someone I don't like. har har... just kidding! just kidding! (note the double negative). But here's the gist of the conversation...

Me: Haha... that's the greatest and funniest story I ever heard! Now, you tell one...
Her: Hey bonehead, do you know Peter Lee?
Me: Actually yeah, I know a Peter Lee. That's funny cause I just had dinner with a Peter Lee. What of it?
Her: You two went to the same high school but in classes that were two years apart.
Me: No way! That sounds like the Peter I'm talking about! We cannot be thinking about the same guy.

But sure enough, we were. Well, there is no Peter Lee. I made the name up for anti-stalking purposes but you get the point. Here were two people I know from two totally different places and it turns out that they, themselves, were good, old chums. If that don't put the ink in coinky-dink, I don't know what does. Whoever said that the world is separated by six degrees of separation, is sounding like a genius right about now.

Well, I just had to share that little story with you. It was just really weird how she asked me that out of nowhere. My mind was truly boggled that night. If it's happened to you before, you know what I mean. If not, you either think I'm nuts or you suddenly have the urge to kidney punch me until all my hair turns gray. If you're in that category, take a number and wait in line.

And so it goes without saying... it's a small world.

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide
It's a small world after all

It's a small world after all
It's a small world after all
It's a small world after all
It's a small, small world