Monday, February 19, 2007

The Year of 365 Days

Take a walk through Chinatown and you will see that everyone is taking part, often times against their will, in the celebration that is Chinese New Year. And with the coming of the new year comes the annual pilgrimage of the foreigners. I don't think I've ever seen Chinatown so diverse as it is during the days of the new year. Of course, it's not a bad thing. It's just weird to see Chinatown so different. People are smiling, the air does not reek of tobacco, and the sounds of people violently charging up their throats to loosen phlegm is all but nonexistent. You gotta love the new year.

But do you know why else I like Chinese New Year so much? Wait... why do I even make that in a form of a question? I know you can't answer me. And why did I just respond to the first question with another question? ...I just don't know anymore... Anyway, to answer that first question: No, you don't know. Or maybe you do, in which case, you have no reason to read the rest of this post. Actually, I don't even know why anyone would read it in the first place. But like I was saying, Chinese New Year is great for many reasons and first, among all, is that it gives me a valid excuse for not washing or cutting my hair. That's the only one of the traditions I follow. I think all the other ones are hooey like the cleaning your house one. Who needs that, right? This is suppose to be a happy time!

Speaking of blessings, which I really wasn't talking about at all, someone sent me a great link. The word "great" to me, translated into layman's terms, means "borderline-weird." And "borderline-weird" translated to you probably means "totally weird." But when someone sends you an email with the subject title "lol..." you have an obligation to spread the love. So here it is. Move your mouse around and then stop it.

http://www.1-click.jp/

Gong Hay Faht Choy!