Friday, February 9, 2007

Beauty or Beast?

So today ends day two of a world without Anna Nicole Smith. Why do I care? I don't. But someone told me I should write about her and I said to myself: "That's a horrible idea. I'll do it."

So to me, Anna Nicole Smith is a gross exageration of what most girl wants to be. I'm not saying all girls. But you know there are some out there. Heck, maybe you can even throw a few guys on that list. She was always in the spotlight, what with her money, her legions of fans, and a body that can best be described as "zaftig." Betcha never heard that word before, eh? She's made news headlines a number of times - the most infamous instance probably being her marriage to some geezer old enough to be an octogenarian's great grandfather.

But beneath all of that, she lived a messy life. It was common to see her in public acting as if she was under the influence and there's probably a number of things that stemmed to and from that. What those things are, it doesn't matter. And it doesn't matter because I don't know what those things are.

If the media had spent more time telling the world that people like her need help instead of glamorizing such a lifestyle, we'd all see that she was truely, more of a beast than a beauty. And as the fictitious Carl Denham once said, "It was beauty killed the beast..." Why the writers of King Kong couldn't make that a complete sentence, I'll never know. But one thing I do know is that the world won't be the same without Anna Nicole Smith. I'm not saying it will be worse. I'm just saying it won't be the same.