Saturday, September 1, 2007

Replay Dat Beat!

Whoever invented music should get a hearty pat on the back and a ten dollar gift certificate to itunes. Since I've been listening to the radio at work, my productivity level has skyrocketed. I think i may be starting to resemble someone who does not work for the government. Actually, no. Let's not go that far. So these past few days, I've been listening to a lot of radio and naturally, some songs get played four or five times throughout the day. Some of those songs are good and I wouldn't mind hearing them more often. But some of those songs just plain suck sour frog buttocks! Here are a couple of songs with a lot of air time that I could live without:

Song I Hate No. 1

Title: Make Me Better
Artist: Fabolous feat. Ne-Yo

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMUhmEJdAB4

Part I Hate:
I'm a movement by myself
But I'm a force when we're together.
Mami I'm good all by myself.
But baby you, you make me better.

My take: Speaking of movements and force, I think I've heard forced bowel movements that sound better than this song. The beat and the lyrics just don't work for me. It's probably just me cause this song is ridiculously popular. O well, such is life. Here's a fun fact: Ne-Yo is part Chinese. Maybe this song should be recalled like the other Chinese products. Ah, what a lame joke...

Song I Hate No. 2

Title: Let It Go
Artist: Keyshia Cole feat. Missy Elliott, Lil Kim

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAgRgy1I8hg

Part I Hate:
When this song come on in the club
They gon be like
Damn that's hot
And when they play it in they car
They gon drop they tops like
Damn that's hot
They gon mix it wit Biggie "It was all a dream" like
Damn that's hot
Me and Keyshia won't stop
Til the tick don't tock like
Damn that's hot

My Take: This song is hot.. a hot, steaming pile of dog doo doo. It's too bad because Keyshia can sing. Alrite, no she can't. This song I especially don't like though, especially the Missy Elliott part. On a side note, you know I'd make a horrible critic by the way I compare everything to waste products.

Song I Don't Hate

So now, to soothe my ear aches and pains, I'll share a song that was recently introduced to me. I think it's been around for a while but it's new to me:

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_RdPawsqgo