Sunday, September 23, 2007

Getting My Learn On

Alas, I have found an answer to the mystery behind the age-old mystery of all age-old mysteries, that being the problem of why people who hate school hate school and why people who love school love school. The answer is: I don't know. I hope I didn't mislead you into thinking I actually had an answer to a problem. I only have problems to answers. At any rate, I'm dusting off the old bookbag and breaking out the abacus for some personal enrichment. I hope that's like saying I just started taking some classes because that's what I meant. But I'm starting to wish I hadn't signed up for these particular courses I'm taking.

One of these courses are on Saturdays. It's forty miles away. And it's from 8:15 am to 4:15 pm. I have to wake up at ungodly hours for this class. And then I have to stay an ungodly amount of time before I can go home. Not to mention the ungodly amount of traveling to get there. Good thing it's only for three Saturdays though.

Then there's these two other online courses I signed up for. I thought it'd be fun because I could do it in the comforts of my own home. The courses started last week, but I haven't been to any of the classes yet. So I'm already two lessons behind in two courses. And I don't know how these online things work. I don't know if each lesson is an hour or if it's half a day. I don't know if I have to do any homework or if the class bully is going to force me do his. I don't know if I have to download some pre-recorded video or if the professor is on standby and will lecture to me live. I don't know anything. Literally. Then again, maybe that's why I should be taking more classes.

So for the next six weeks, you'll probably see me online fairly often. Don't say I didn't warn you.