Sunday, September 9, 2007

My First Semicolon

No doubt, some of you thought I was crazy after reading my last post as I compared a couple of popular songs to that of excrement. Truth be told, most of you already knew I was crazy before I made the post; the post was just extra proof. Hey, I just used a semicolon! Probably incorrectly though. It's a good thing I don't know any English teachers. This blog would probably overload everything they ever knew about grammar and trigger a stomachache so powerful, it would be felt as far as their third toe on the left foot. Anywho, I didn't make this post to talk about feet.

I was listening to a morning radio show and as the custom of radio stations, they played a song. This song happened to be Keyshia Cole's Let It Go, a song that I have a particular disdain for. And while the song is playing, the host gets an email from the program director that the song is not on "the list" and should not have been played. So the host calls the big shot program director. The director says it's not on the list because it doesn't fit well with the audience and is not a proven hit yet. Booyakasha! Music to my ears. I told you that song was weak! I knew I had to be right about something eventually. The program director is probably some jerk high up in the ranks but he was right. He was right because he agreed with what I said in my last post, proving I'm not really the charlatan I make myself out to be.

So what did I learn from this? Well, I learned that I don't care about what people think about my opinions. That is, until someone agrees with me. Then I care. I care then because I'm right and all the naysayers can have a hearty slice of humble pie.