Monday, January 29, 2007

Boxers or Briefs... or Thongs?

There comes many a time when when one gets sucked into some really weird conversations. You know... the ones that come out of nowhere, are totally unnecessary and impossible to forget? They don't happen very often but when they do... look out.

Case in point: the other day, I was headed over to Moose's for dinner with the self-proclaimed '26 and under' club at work. But it might as well have been the '26 and underwear' club becaue on our way, we somehow got into talking about men's thongs. Yes, that's right. Thongs. Thongs for men. Not a very traditional source for conversations, I must admit, but it did make for a good, hearty laugh. And as if that one instance wasn't enough, later on in the middle of my Wild Mushroom Cappuccino and Grilled Hangar Steak Pizzaiola dinner, the topic came up again! How much thong discussions can a person handle in one night, you ask? Well... apparently, more than one. At least if anyone ever asks me... "Hey Justin, you know how when people talk about men's thongs, yada yadda yada...," I can confidently say 'Yes! I DO know!' And how many of you can say that? Well, I hope none.

As for me and my underpants, I'll be thankful as long as they're fresh and clean. But considering I only have a couple pairs in stock and my laundry gets done no more than once a week, it might not be a bad idea to throw a few thongs into the rotation.