Saturday, June 30, 2007

Burn, baby, burn!

And just like that, summer is officially upon us. I say what's up with that? We already had a summer last year, right? We don't need another one... or do we? Okay, stupid question. Of course we do. I certainly like it because I can now walk out of the house with only three layers of clothing and it's the only time of year when I actually get to see sunlight outside my house. Why is the sunlight so important, you ask? Well, when you live in a home equipped with solar-powered toilets, the sun becomes more important than family, and maybe even more important than internet. Alright, I'll fess up: I don't have solar-powered toilets. Nobody does... God willing.

During the past couple of weeks, I've been out in the sun a lot. And as Murphy's Law would have it, i got a pretty nasty sunburn. It's so bad that I've resorted to using lotion. I'm not a big fan of lotion, but my skin was peeling pretty bad. So before I went to work the other day, I applied half a bottle of lotion onto my face. But the problem was that it smelled really fruity. As I was on the bus to work, it seemed like everyone was looking at me. Maybe it wasn't the lotion and I was just over-paranoid. Maybe it was because the color of my belt didn't match the color of my shoes. Or maybe, it was because I didn't have any pants on. Either way, I had to do something about the lotion. So a girl at work prescribed some Aveeno for me because of its unscentedness. So during my 10 o'clock break, I stormed out of the office, power walked past the regular calvacade of hobos, went into Walgreens, and picked me up some Aveeno. I went back to the office, washed up a bit and tried some of this stuff and lo and behold, it worked! Aveeno provided the soothing coolness of a moisturizing cream but without the girlie scent. The aftermath of the relentless sunburn was humbled by a simple 2.5 oz, plastic, squeezable tube of Aveeno.

For all your lotion-tastic needs, Aveeno should be your liquid cosmetic of choice. It's fragrance free, moisturizes for 24 hours, and is made with natural colloidal oatmeal! But best of all, it is dermatologist recommended. Although if I went to see a dermatologist, they would probably tell me I'm an idiot for going out in the sun without any sunblock on. So before you start stocking up on Aveeno lotion, it'd probably be best to just get some sunblock and avoid sunburns altogether. But if you do get a sunburn, Aveeno has a shoulder you can cry on. Yes, a comforting shoulder made of sweet, colloidal oatmeal.